Re: Problems with double-sided print output from xsl

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 02:12:08PM -0700, Thacker, Brad wrote:
> I'm having a problem getting my odd and even pages to correspond to recto
> and verso pages when I use the more recent fo/xsl stylesheets (1.55.0 and
> 1.58.1) for double-sided print output. With earlier stylesheets (1.49 and
> lower), the stylesheets adjust the combined number of title pages and table
> of content (TOC) pages to give an even number, so that the body of the
> document (i.e. the first page of a chapter) always starts on an odd page.
> Using the default stylesheets with no customization (other than to set
> <xsl:param name="double.sided" select="'1'"/>), the stylesheets output 4
> title pages, and if there is an odd number of TOC pages, it pads the TOC
> with blank pages to output an even number.
>
> With both the 1.55.0 and 1.58.1 distributions, however, the stylesheets do
> not seem to compensate for an odd number of TOC pages. Is there a new
> parameter that activates this option? If not, do you have any idea what
> might cause this problem?

There is not another parameter.  It works in XEP.
This looks like FOP is not supporting the FO page-sequence
property  initial-page-number="auto-odd".  The newer
versions use that property instead of force-page-count="end-on-even",
which FOP did support. I don't know why Norm changed it.

Jens Stavnstrup posted a post-processor stylesheet that
can patch fo files before feeding them to FOP:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200208/msg00127.html

                                            email: bobs@sco.com