Re: Sections; font size gets smaller and smaller...

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 03:29:35PM +0100, Kraa de Simon wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Using docbook-xml-4.2, docbook-xsl-1.52.2\html\chunk.xsl, saxon-6.5.2.
>
> When I use the following structure:
>
> <section>        <h1>
>  <section>       <h2>
>   <section>      <h3>
>    <section>     <h4>
>     <section>    <h5>
>      <section>   <h6>
>
> The font size keeps getting smaller and smaller...
>
> Can I parameterize this in param.xsl or in...???

For nested section elements, wouldn't you want
the font sizes to get smaller?  How else do you
indicate that a title is a subsection and not a sibling?
Or do mean you want the first title in every chunked
file to be <h1> even if it comes from
a 3rd-level <section> element?
Then 4th-level <section> would be <h2>, etc.
Is that what you mean?

There isn't a parameter that will do that.
You would have to customize some templates in the
chunking stylesheet to do it.  I think it might
be hard, since the templates are matching on
the document element hierarchy, not the HTML
output hierarchy.

You might try something with a CSS stylesheet
applied to the chunked output.
But with nested section elements, they all use
create longer CSS path specification.  Something like:

DIV.section H3 { format like H1; }
DIV.section DIV.section H3 { format like H2; }
DIV.section DIV.section DIV.section H3 { format like H3; }

Something like that.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com