Re: Graphic adminitions missing in PDF file generatedfrom XSL-FO

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 03:38:48PM -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 10:11:16AM +0100, Alain NAKACHE wrote:
> > At 15:04 13/11/02 -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
> > >I'm not sure I understand.
> > >Are you saying the message "Graphic Admonitions are missing"
> > >appears in your processing output?  I don't see any message
> > >like that in your included output.
> >
> > No, I want to say that the PDF file doesn't contain le admonition (graphic
> > + text).
> >
> > Sorry for the misconfusion. My english isn't fluent.
> >
> > I join the pdf file to this mail to prove my sayings.
> >

> OK, I got it.  The entire <note> element disappears
> in the PDF output when processed with FOP and with
> 'admon.graphics' set to 1.
>
> Graphical admonitions are formatted in a two-column table,
> with the graphic in the left column.  This problem is
> partially caused by the fo/docbook.xsl stylesheet not
> outputting any <fo:table-column> elements to specify the
> column widths.  In XEP output, this results in two columns
> of equal size (ugh).  In FOP output, the entire table
> fails because FOP requires column width specifications.
>
> I filed a bug report on SourceForge for this.  I think the
> stylesheet should probably use an <fo:list-block>
> instead of a table in this situation.
>
> In the mean time, you'll have to give up on graphical
> admonitions in FOP.

Actually, I found some time to address this bug.
I rewrote the 'graphical.admonition' template in
fo/admon.xsl in the stylesheets to use a fo:list-block
instead of a fo:table.  Now it works in both FOP
and XEP with graphical admonitions.  If you want
it immediately, you can get it from the DocBook
SourceForge CVS repository, or wait until the next
release.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com