RE: XML catalog resolution problems

According to the Saxon documentation: "Indicates that the names of the
source document and the style document are URLs; otherwise they are taken
as filenames, unless they start with "http:" or "file:", in which case
they are taken as URLs".

> |  2. use <uri> instead of <system> in the catalog file,
>
> Right. Stylesheet locations *are* general URIs, they aren't system
> identifiers.

Does that mean that <system> shouldn't be used for stylesheets in a
catalog file?

In Bob Stayton's catalog tutorial, this catalog has a <system> entry:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE catalog
   PUBLIC "-//OASIS/DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog V1.0//EN"
   "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd";>

<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
    <system
        systemId="docbook.xsl"
        uri="/usr/lib/xml/docbook-xsl-1.50/html/docbook.xsl"/>
</catalog>

Is this not correct?

> |  3. prepend the xml file name with "file:" on the command line, and
> |  4. use a system ID with full path to the DTD (or a public ID).
>
> The DTD location and the stylesheet location aren't related, so I'm
> confused.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.

If I omit the doctype declaration in my XML file, item 4 does not apply.
If I have a doctype declaration, I must use a public ID (since
resolution of public IDs works), or a system  ID with the full DTD path
(since resolution of system IDs does not work).

Regards,
Mauritz Jeanson