Re: Sorting and non-en_US indexes

Bob Stayton wrote:

> Have you looked at storing this information in
> the XSL locale files in the 'common' directory?
> There currently are uppercase.alpha and lowercase.alpha
> gentext elements.  They do store multiple alphabets now.
> Those may not be in a form appropriate for
> what you are doing, but they do provide a model
> for storing language specific information.

The problem is that you need this locale dependant information in
xsl:key. Unfortunately expressions which can be used in xsl:key are
quite limited -- they can't use variables so it's impossible to pull
xsl:key with some data conditionally.

This limitation will be probably eliminated in XSLT 2.0, but until 2.0
will be widely adopted there probably won't be easy to use solution to
this indexing problem. Editing autoidx.xsl or some entity fiddling is
only solution which I can imagine for now.

					Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz