Re: looking to document docbook preparation andpresentation on red hat

--qDp7aVEJD61w+rGb

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 05:27:35PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   in order to not get completely swamped, i want to restrict this to
> XML-based docbook only.=20

=2E.and XSL-transforms only, or including DSSSL still?

> under this restriction, it seems obvious that
> there are some RPMs that i have no need for.  as an example, i notice
> there's a "docbook-utils" RPM included with the latest red hat beta.
> however, it appears that the utilities that are included with that
> RPM are for SGML only;

Not so.  It can handle XML documents, but it's for applying DSSSL
stylesheets not XSL.

>   you get the idea -- sort of a complete newbie's guide to getting
> started writing XML-based docbook.  if anyone wants to point me at
> sources on the web where i can start collecting this info, that would
> be great.

http://cyberelk.net/tim/docbook/ is probably a good place to start.

Tim.
*/