Re: Fwd: FAQ update

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 11:47:44AM -0700, Dave Pawson wrote:

> Received the following at home.
> Since its not something I've done, could anyone tell me if this is 'wrong' please?
>
> TIA, DaveP
>

> >Just noticed the FAQ is slightly out of date with respect to including external code in docbook files.
> >
> >http://www.dpawson.co.uk/docbook/markup.html#d5e935 (question 26 on the markup page).
> >
> >The answer given didn't work for me with XSL stylesheets 1.51.1, DocBook XML 4.2.
> >
> >However the following does work nicely:
> >
> >      <programlisting><inlinemediaobject>
> >          <textobject>
> >            <textdata fileref="yourfile.txt"/>
> >          </textobject>
> >        </inlinemediaobject></programlisting>
> >
> >Maybe the FAQ could be updated?

Actually, with the 4.2 DTD, you can use textobject
directly in programlisting:

     <programlisting>
         <textobject>
           <textdata fileref="yourfile.txt"/>
         </textobject>
     </programlisting>

You only need the inlinemediaobject wrapper
if you are using 4.1.2.

Also, the text insertion process is an extension function,
and is not available in xsltproc.  You can use saxon,
but you must include the saxon extensions jar file
in your CLASSPATH, and you must set these two parameters
to nonzero:  use.extensions and textinsert.extension.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com