Re: Outline for a Windows Tool Chain?

I have personally found this toolchain to be the most non-broken out
of those I have tried. With the exception that I am not using Cygwin.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rankine, Alastair J (Alastair)" <arankine@avaya.com>
To: <zmola@acm.org>; <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 3:28 PM
Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Outline for a Windows Tool Chain?

Hi,

I use lots of different tools in a cygwin environment to generate output
from DocBook XML source.

It seems to me that if you have Java 1.4, cygwin and emacs already
configured then you are probably very well on your way to a working cygwin
config. I'm surprised that Markus' instructions "confound matters" - the
tools he suggests seem to be the ones you are using already.

Since you don't seem to have a specific problem to answer, let me just
assure you that cygwin is a perfectly usable DocBook authoring environment.
My current (ie default) preferences for tools are:

- Java Runtime Environment 1.4.0
- latest (I forget which version) cygwin and tools
- Saxon 6.5.2
- FOP 0.20.4

Hope this helps.