Re: Marking up tables with separators

[ Follow-ups to docbook-apps, please ]

/ Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk> was heard to say:
|> That should work for FO and for HTML with CSS.
|
| Yes, that works find for my pdf (jadetex) output, but I've got no
| borders in the html.

Oh, uhm, I guess I haven't ported the CSS table stuff to DSSSL yet.
File a feature request, please.

| Actually is there a way of specifying that the table shouldn't be
| full width of the page, and that it should be centered?  In the
| tex/pdf output it's stretched.  I've been adding empty columns
| (<entry></entry>) and adjusting the proportions using <colspec
| colwidth="X"> specifiers, but now I've got these separators of
| course the empty columns are separated as well :(.

If you specify the widths of each column explicitly, that should limit
the width of the table. Getting it centered may be trickier...you
might have to key off tabstyle or something in a customization.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Walking on water and developing