Re: How Do I Customize Stylesheets?

Bob Stayton wrote:

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 05:04:14PM +0200, Anja Schwarzpaul wrote:

Hi,

my current task is to set up a documentation process for my company. The
goal is to produce print and HTML formats with conditional content. The
process should be platform independent and single source so it wasn't
long before I ran into DocBook.

I started out with basic XML knowledge and have learned XSL, XPath, FO,
and DocBook basics in the past 3 weeks or so. However, there are some
issues that I haven't been able to figure out yet, the most important
one being stylesheet customization (XSL).

Just to see if it works, I wrote a customization layer that imports
docbook.xsl and changes the default language to German. Examples of what
I'm trying to do next include: assigning a new standard font, adjusting
spacing and indentation, and resizing page layout. This must have been
done thousands of times, yet it's not easy to find answers (checked TDG,
internet, and param.xsl/stylesheet documentation).
I keep this fo reference page bookmarked:
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/fo/
For awhile it was out of date, but I believe it is
now being kept up to date with the stylesheet releases.

And this is helpful for html
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/

Note that the hypertext link from this page below to the html reference shows the file part of the URI as param.html so it doesn't work.
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/ch02s02.html

Eric