RE: [Q] Creating a draft "watermark" in FO

I'd suggested of using a background image, but was told that's cheating.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200107/msg00034.html

I believe the thread ended with the conclusion that FO doesn't offer a
non-cheating way to do it. If you do choose this cheat, then making it
conditional on some attribute is easy enough.

David