Re: Any equivalent of BibTeX and bib databases?

/ "Prikryl,Petr" <PRIKRYLP@skil.cz> was heard to say:

| Earlier, I was used to use bib files for storing bibliography entries
| and BibTeX with some bib styles to produce the desired layout
| of Bibliography.  This is related to LaTeX.

The biblography.collection parameter is designed to provide something
similar to BibTeX. I use it like this:

I have a file ~/bibliography.xml where I keep bibliography entries
(biblimixed's) for all the documents I reference:

<bibliography><title>References</title>

<bibliomixed id="xml-rec"><abbrev>XML 1.0</abbrev>Tim Bray,
Jean Paoli, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen, and Eve Maler, editors.
<citetitle><ulink url="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml";>Extensible Markup
Language (XML) 1.0 Second Edition</ulink></citetitle>.
World Wide Web Consortium, 2000.
</bibliomixed>

<!-- ... -->
</bibliography>

In my document's bibliography, I just use

  <bibliomixed id="xml-rec"/>

Then I point bibliography.collection at ~/bibliography.xml when I
transform the document and it plucks the right entries out of my
common bibliography.

| Is there any equivalent of this when XML DocBook is used
| instead of LaTeX?  If yes, are ther any utilities for conversion
| of bib databases (basically ASCII files) into XML version of
| such databases?

I don't know of conversion tools, but it'd probably be a handy thing
to have.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--