Re: Any suggestions on Java problems? (with Saxon)

/ Dave Pawson <daveP@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk> was heard to say:
| At 23:30 17/09/2001 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:

 (And I think the original attribution goes to D. Veillard)

| >He insists on the  future orientation of XSLT to let  the users feel how
| >the standard will  evolve, and to avoid that XSLT  implementors make the
| >wrong choices, e.g.  concerning the data types involved  in processing a
| >stylesheet.
|
| But you don't *have* to use the 1.1 extensions surely?

Exactly. In defense of Micheal Kay, he's on the XSL WG and he's
working on implementing features that are being discussed and
considered for the next version of XSLT.

It is essential (IMHO) to have implementation work proceed in parallel
with spec work. I applaud Mike's efforts, even if they do cause some
confusion.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--