Re: docbook visual editor

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 04:19:45PM +0200, The DeerBear wrote:
> All this stuff is rather incomprehensible to me at my stage of knowledge...
> would some of you be so kind to explain to me what all this means?
> Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! :D)

Have a look at the urls I mentionned earlier for more details - I'll
attempt a summary, which Irène may want to correct where I'm wrong.

Basically, to use thotlib to build an editor you need to provide 3 files:

- a structure-definition, in S language (analogous to a DTD or schema)
- a stylesheet for presentation, in P language
- a transformation-definition file in T language, for import/export (I
hope I'm accurate enough here, this part I did not investigate much
till now)

Additionally you can use the A application-defintion language which
can help you build a GUI with minimum efforts.

If I understand well, the Toth editor is mostly a generic application
allowing to use arbitrary document-classes, each defined by S/T/P
files described above.

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre