Re: Format conversion between PDF and DocBook

Ho wrote:

> The trouble is that I can't find a solution to the opposite direction.
> That is, conversion from PDF to DocBook.
> My argument to having DocBook is that I can search for words
> within the body of an Xml document.  (???)

Such conversion would be very hard, because generally in PDF there is
only plain text of your document together with layout information. New
version of PDF can also store something like parallel XML markup, but I
don't know any application supporting this. Adobe has some free Java
classes which can be used to extract plain text from PDF.

			Jirka