Re: JadeTeX and vertical alignment in tables ?

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 12:04:36PM +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Yann Dirson writes:
>  > I can't seem to get vertical alignment in table cells, either by using
>  > the "valign" attribute in CALS tables (and norman's docbook print
>  > stylesheet), or by direct specfication of "(make table-cell
>  > cell-row-alignment: 'center ... )" in a stylesheet.
>  >
>  > Is this a known limitation ?
>
> Yes. Sorry!

Arg.  Is there any easy way round ?  I tried to add a
(make paragraph (literal "\no-break-space;")), but it just adds to the
row height - that is, each cell seems to get an empty paragraph, and
the relative vertical positionning is unchanged.

This may be because the 2 other cells in the row both contain images
that the text is valigned on cell bottom - in contrast, a single-line
cell with multi-line siblings get valigned on top.  This discrepancy
may be a bug, possibly related to the non-handling of vertical
alignment - the text baseline is kept aligned with the bottom of the
images.

How difficult would this be to implement vertical positionning the
right way, so that all those problems are solved ?  I did not look at
JadeTeX source, but I guess I could give it a try - unless you feel it
requires too much knowledge of the whole thing...

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel Libre