Re: Problems with stylesheets and a question

At 09:31 PM 5/16/01, Carlos wrote:
>I'm trying to use the XSL stylesheets (version 1.29) and get the following
>error when I try to use the HTML single document option:
>
>[elrond@rivendell elrond]$ java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in
>sf-stroy.xml -
>xsl http://153.18.234.2/~elrond/xsl/html/docbook.xsl -out stories.html
>Error
>  java.net.UnknownHostException: home: home
>
>XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerException):
>java.net.UnknownHostExcep
>tion: home
>
>The error below is generated when I try to chunk the document:

I can't speak for Xalan (however you want to pronounce it :-)
but I was fooled with chunking until I worked out Norms 'succinct'
document style.

Suggest:
1. Upgrade to 1.34 (I doubt that is the latest, the speed *he* works)
  and read the documentation, very carefully.
I use it with chunking, using saxon 6.22, and it works, so I guess
its the same for Xalan, knowing Norm (a little).

I had to include the .jar files that Norm has started to include
in the distribution. He uses those for the 'funny' namespaced stuff
he does ;_)

I read it 85.4 times before it sunk in.

I just sighed and guessed that Norm is trying to emulate
JC with terseness in documentation (sorry Norm )

HTH DaveP