RE: Revision control for DocBook SGML/XML documents

We've been running a CVS repository with access in local mode on Windows NT
for a couple of years with no problems (that could be related to Windows
NT). We are though, for reasons other than stability, now switching to
running the repository on a Linux box with access in pserver mode.

I'd suggest that you

- at the very least grab the most recent version
  from http://www.cvshome.org/dev/codewindow.html
- consider the NT port at http://www.cvsnt.com
  (site seems to be down at the moment)
- study the instructions at
  http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/cvs_admin_nt.htm
- consider using the cygwin port of cvs,
  http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin
- consider setting up a Linux or *BSD box for the
  repository, it isn't that complicated
- track the 'Better CVS' project at
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/bcvs/
- track the 'subversion' project at
  http://subversion.tigris.org/

and while you are at it, why not also have a look at

  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/ntsgml.html

kind regards
Peter Ring
Forlaget MAGNUS A/S