Re: Jade RTF header/footer alignment error

David Nelson <dave@nutters.org> writes:

> So, Jade appears to assume that new chapters start on the right side
> of the spread (i.e. odd-numbered).  This would be true, if an extra
> blank page were inserted at the end of the previous chapter, but since
> it's not, an incorrect header/footer alignment occurs on that page.

I think you can turn on the cleardoublepage function if you don't mind
the extra blank pages.  Clearly, JadeTeX is assuming this is the case
w/o actually checking.

> (Note that this problem does not occur with chapters which start on an
> *odd* page; only those which start on an *even* page.)
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. Is this a known bug?

It is now!

> 2. Whose bug is it?  Is it a bug in Jade, or a bug in the DSSSL
>    stylesheets?

In JadeTeX I would venture.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>