Re: Xalan is stealing my sleep

Hi all,

This is my little contribution to the problem.
XML DTD 4.1.2
XSL 1.29
	2 tests with:
- xalan 2.0.0 xerces 1.2.3 as distributed by apache
- xalan 1.2.2 as distributed by apache
[results below]

In short xalan 1.2.2 works with Norm's XSL, while xalan 2.0.0 don't.
However, building a custom stylesheet using extension
<xalanredirect:write>  works perfectly.

I also tried with website DTD and XSL, after:
- commenting out "workaround for a XalanJ1 bug"
- changing docbookx.xsl path in website.xsl
It worked perfectly apart that it outputed all html files inside the
website.xsl directory!!!
Using a custom empty stylesheet in current dir did not even solved the
problem.

Camille.

$ ~/bin/xsl -V -IN advocacy.xml -XSL
file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.29/xhtml/docbook.xsl
-OUT index.html
 XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
method can not be multiply defined at the same import level!
Old value = xml; New value = html

$ ~/bin/xsl1 -V -IN advocacy.xml -XSL
file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.29/xhtml/docbook.xsl
-OUT index.html
========= Parsing
file:/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.29/xhtml/docbook.xsl
==========
Parse of
file:/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.29/xhtml/docbook.xsl took
41982 milliseconds
========= Parsing
file:/home/camille/presentations/company_doc_policy/advocacy.xml
Parse of
file:/home/camille/presentations/company_doc_policy/advocacy.xml took
7432 milliseconds
Transforming...
transform took 10058 milliseconds
XSLProcessor: done