Re: External Graphic references?

/ "M. Wroth" <mark@astrid.upland.ca.us> was heard to say:
| Is there anyway to specify the location of an external-graphic in something
| like a catalog file?

Sure. Use an entity reference:

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.1//EN" [
<!ENTITY mygraphic PUBLIC "publicid" "systemid">
]>
<book>
<imagedata entityref="mygraphic"/>

The parser will use the catalog to resolve 'publicid' and 'systemid'
for 'mygraphic'. You don't need a public id there, if you put an
appropriate system entry in your catalog.

| What I would like to do is to specify the location of the logo file with a
| formal public identifier and fix the location of the system entity in the
| catalog file.  But if that's doable, I don't see how; external-graphic
| sakes a system identifier, not an FPI.

Oh, you want to do this *in the DSSSL stylesheet*. Hmm....

That might be a bit trickier...you could make the filename an entity
reference and put the entity declaration in an external file and load
that external entity with public/system ids. Kindof a hack, but I think
it would work.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--