JadeTex: extra blank pages vs all odd-page footers

All --

I have a "lesser of two evils" display problem.

Using the following setup:

  DocBook 4.1 / DSSSL Stylesheets 1.62 / Jade 1.2.1 / JadeTex 2.20

When I generate PostScript output for a book or an article, I end up
with a blank page after the title page and before the copyright page.

Knowing that there are patches out there, I tried a different setup:

  DocBook 4.1 / DSSSL Stylesheets 1.62 / Jade 1.2.1 / JadeTex 2.20
						      with iNdev patches

Now, when I generate PostScript output, the blank page is gone and the
copyright page comes right after the title page.  But, all of the footers
are done as odd page footers.  That is, page 7 has an odd page footer
and page 8 also has an odd page footer.

So, I upgraded a few more things:

  DocBook 4.1 / DSSSL Stylesheets 1.62 / Jade 1.2.1 / JadeTex 3.1
  DocBook 4.1 / DSSSL Stylesheets 1.62 / Jade 1.2.1 / JadeTex 3.3
  DocBook 4.1 / DSSSL Stylesheets 1.62 / OpenJade 1.3 / JadeTex 3.3
  DocBook 4.1 / DSSSL Stylesheets 1.62 / OpenJade 1.3 / JadeTex 3.3
				         with iNdev patches

Testing after each step, I always saw no extraneous blank pages, and
all footers showed up as odd page footers.

I've found that editing jadetex.dtx and changing \def\PageTwoSide{1}
to \def\PageTwoSide{0} will cause the behavior to swap.  Set to 0, I
get all odd page footers and no extra blank pages.  Set to 1, I get odd
and even footers and extra blank pages.

I've tested this on a book, in which %two-side% is set to "t" and an
article using the default %two-side% setting of "f".  The results are
the same for both documents, so I don't think it's a stylesheet issue.

The only thing I haven't upgraded is TeX.  I'm using the default TeX
shipped with BSD/OS
  TeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159
  kpathsea version 3.3.1

For now, I'm taking the extra blank pages.

Any comments or pointers on this *greatly* appreciated.

--
Deborah Greenberg Lidl                       Toll free: 1.888.849.BSDi
dgl@bsdi.com                    BSDi             Phone: 1.301.765.7945