Re: dsssl-1.59 bug in TOC

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> Anyway, I can see what's wrong and I've fixed it. I now wish that my
> log message was more explicit about why I made this change.
>
> In dbautotoc.dsl, delete the (list-element-list) from the toclist:
>
> (define (build-toc nd depth #!optional (first? #t) (level 1))
>   (let* ((toclist (toc-list-filter
> 		   (node-list-filter-by-gi (children nd)
> 					   (append (division-element-list)
> 						   (component-element-list)
> 						   (section-element-list))))))
>
> I think I did this to fix a reported bug where figures that were
> inside lists didn't show up in the list of figures. But this isn't
> the right place to fix that bug anyway. Hmmm.

Yes, I reported a bug, in 1.54, that figures inside list elements
disapperad from the documentation's TOC.  I have changed the
dbautotoc.dsl in 1.54 to be:

(define (build-lot nd lotgi #!optional (first? #t))
  (let* ((lotlist (node-list-filter-by-gi (children nd)
                                          (append (division-element-list)
                                                  (component-element-list)
                                                  (section-element-list)
                                                  (block-element-list)
                                                  (list-element-list)
                                                  (list (normalize "para"))))))

and I have no problems with the TOC now.

I installed version 1.59 today, and build one of our books.  And I got
one error in the TOC, just as already described by Camille et al.

So, I guess the problem is elsewhere.  Or have the definition of
list-element-list changed between 1.54 and 1.59, trigging the error?

 Thomas André Berger               Open Systems Computing AS
 email: thomasbe@osc.no            Kongensgt. 9, N-0153 Oslo, Norway
 phone: +47 2331 4758		   phone +47 2220 4050, fax +47 22 20 02 85