Re: Images and pdf again

camille@mandrakesoft.com writes:

> Thanks for your help, though I have not been able to get proper
> output yet:

[...]

> Using this method actually roduces the right size, but images do not get
> their density changed, the resolution only changes, which obviously
> gives ugly output. I use
> convert -density 50 image.eps image.png

I have tried to use the ImageMagic tool myself, but I was not able to
get the right combination of options to the convert program.  So, what
I do is convert images (GIF or PNG) to eps, by using convert.  Then I
use a epstopng perl-script, which is based on the epstopdf script made
by Sebastian Rahtz, et al.  This writes the PNG files in the correct
resolution.

> > For structured vector graphics, we use the epstopdf tool, which
> > produces encapsulated PDF.  We use plain PDF notation for this.
>
> Sigh.
> I get distortionned images and bad colors.
> EPSTOPDF 2.5, 1999/05/06
> GNU Ghostscript 5.50 (2000-2-13)

Strange.  Can you send me the eps you try to convert.  I'll try and
see what happends here at our tool-chain.

 Thomas André Berger               Open Systems Computing AS
 email: thomasbe@osc.no            Kongensgt. 9, N-0153 Oslo, Norway
 phone: +47 2331 4758		   phone +47 2220 4050, fax +47 22 20 02 85