Re: Problem with tables,jadetex and ModularDSSSL Stylesheets >= 1.54

"Kenneth J. Hughes" wrote:

> Ian, your problem appears similar to the one I posted on 10/2/2000
> with the subject "DOCBOOK-APPS: footnotes in tables fail for -ttex
> only", appended below for ease of reference.  There I describe how
> adding a footnote to a cell caused a similar failure using an
> example from DocBook: The Definitive Guide.
>
> In my case, though, "Changing the \DisplayGroup%... \endDisplayGroup{}
> to \Par% ... \endPar{}" doesn't help.
>
> Have you gotten any suggestions?  I haven't heard anything back
> regarding my situation.
>
> Suggestions, anyone?  Thanks for any advice.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kenneth J. Hughes

Indeed it does. I've also noticed that with the "DisplayGroup" tags, the
table titles (THEAD) are rendered in the body font (e.g. Times) - where
before (with "Par") they are rendered in the title font (e.g.
Helvetica).

Also, the paragraph alignment on the left hand side is very ragged -
i.e. doesn't line up very well at all. With the "Par" alignment is a lot
better - although not perfect.

My next step is to start to dig into the differences between version
1.53 and 1.54 and try to see what the signficant differences are. Then
to try to put in something along the lines of "if backend is the
TeX-backend then do the 1.53 behavior otherwise do the 1.54 behaviour".
I have no idea why the changes have been made (it's not clear from the
changelog, to me at any rate); but I suspect that they will have more to
do with the RTF and HTML backends than the TeX one. I'm under the
impression that Norman Walsh uses RTF/HTML backends more than the TeX
one!

I've never used footnotes in tables - so I've no idea what the impact
will be on this problem. But simply editing the .tex file in vi and
doing ":%s/DisplayGroup/Par/g" works around the problem OK in all our
documents - i.e. it allows {pdf}jadetex to run and the heading/title
font is correct.