Re: Sections only nesting

For what I know, you always need a "root" element in your document.
Can't you use "chapter" or "part" for example? It would be:

<chapter>
<section>
	<title>...</title>
	.
	.
</section>
<section>
	<title>...</title>
	.
	.
</section>
   .
   .
   .
</chapter>

Regards,

Juan R. Migoya

Stuart Farnan wrote:

> I have noticed that it is only possible to nest section elements in the XML
> version of DocBook 4.1.2.  How do you go about breaking up an article into
> multiple sections if they cannot follow one another?
>
> for example, I want to have:
>
> <section role="summary">
>         <title>...</title>
>         <para>
>         </para>
> </section>
> <section role="description">
>         <title>...</title>
>         <para>
>         </para>
> </section>
>
> But this generates an error.  Is there any way to section an
> article/book/etc. into multiple parts but all at the same logical level?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stuart

Juan R. Migoya
Ingelectric-Team, S.A.