Re: Installing on RedHat Linux (Was: Jade/DSSSL vs.DocBook XML V4.1.2)

Holger Rauch writes:
 > >   The latter line requires that you install passivetex. An alternative
 > >   is fop (neither work for me at present).
 >
 > What is the correct way to install passivetex? I tried installing it once
 > and after unpacking it I found no README file/manual telling me what to
 > do?

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~rahtz/passivetex/ contains what there is. not
much, I grant you...

 > Is jadetex yet ready to produce "good looking" tables? (By "good
 > looking" I mean that "align" and "valign" attributes are taken into
 > consideration and handled properly).

no. there are some patches in the pipeline to improve table handling
(which need a patch to (open)Jade), but they probably won't do a
perfect job yet.

dont expect miracles from PassiveTeX's tables either.

sebastian