Re: Problems with funcsynopsis and programlisting

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> / Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> was heard to say:
> | The "int main(...)" came in the beginning of the gray box,
> | disrespecting my instructions to keep programlistings indented by four
> | spaces. All the other parts came indented. Here is the code I've used
> | to mark it up:
>
> You must be using a custom stylesheet, please send it to me.

It's attached here.

> | The second problems regards indentation. Indentation wasn't respected
> | while using the above code. I tried to indent the <funcsynopsis> by
> | four spaces, but it remained as if there was no space before it,
> | disrespecting the programlisting behaviour.
>
> Funcsynopsis is not a verbatim environment, there's no reason to expect
> it to obey your spaces. What you're saying, I think, is that you'd like
> to have funcsynopsis indented in the output.

Since I'm using a funcsynopsis inside a programlisting, I'd like to
have it respecting programlisting's indentation.

> | The last problem is with callouts. Look at (3) and (4) below. This is
> | an attempt to reproduce the output I got. Wasn't it right to have (3)
> | and (4) "glued" to each other? Instead of this whitespace I wanted
> | having "(3)(4)".
>
> Please send me the input source.

Also attached.

> | And now, my doubt. Is there any way to get
> |
> | int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
> |
> | (note the curly brackets instead of the semmicolon)?
>
> No, that's not a funcsynopsis, that's a function. If you want to markup
> functions, you can use programlisting or screen.

I'm using programlistingco and inside it a programlisting.

> | Ah! I liked very much that the coded lines didn't counted as program
> | lines for the callouts :-)) It allowed me to count the lines on the
> | original source code and just add the markup at my document.
>
> I don't follow, but as long as you're happy :-)

:-)))

Thanks for your fast answer!

I've also included the customizations I made on your DTD (just some
"macros")

Be seeing you,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.

HTML DSSSL stylesheet

The source file.

My DTD customizations