RE: fmt-file for pdftex/pdflatex/jadetex:how?

Hmm, I am not an expert on this, I will just convey my understanding
from my attempts to make things work with my language.

The .fmt/.ltx files are generated by this .dtx file.
This at least applies for "jadetex.fmt".

To have correct hyphenation in Norwegian for DVI/etc docs, you should enable
the norwegian hyphenation in jadetex.dtx (search for "german", will find a
line with active languages. Add Norwegian in front.). Then you need to
compile that jadetex.dtx and install it. ("make install").

Now, where do you get that jadetex.dtx thingie?
It's at http://www.tug.org/applications/jadetex/
Version 2.20 is the latest, made public yesterday :)
I do not know where they announce these, so perhaps you should keep it
as a secret as well.

Ahh, even with these, it does not work, I believe you need to enable
first norwegian hyphenation in TeX. I assume from your letter that you have
already done this.

Regards,
simos