Re: Tables and XSL stylesheets

> From: Dave Makower <davemak@iclick.com>
>
> I thought I'd learn how to do tables in DocBook XML, and that I'd
> start by running the example in the O'Reilly book through the XSL
> stylesheets.  First, I added a couple of slashes to convert the empty
> tags from SGML to XML, and then I  wrapped it inside of a <book>
> element and a <chapter> subelement, just to make sure it would behave
> okay.  The result was surprising: the stylesheets complained that "No
> template matches entry" and _some_ of the tags were printed verbatim
> in red.  But some of the entries worked.  It seems like a stylesheet
> problem, or did I screw up the XML?

This is a bug in the XSL stylesheet file html/table.xsl.
It has templates for thead/row/entry and tbody/row/entry
but not tfoot/row/entry, which is where you are getting
the errors.  When I copy the thead template to add
a tfoot template, your example works without errors.

bobs
The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.              fax:   (831) 429-1887
                                            email: bobs@sco.com