Re: Re: DOCBOOK: Info on FuncSynopsis

"Kevin M. Dunn" <kevinmd@hsc.edu> writes:

> What you lose with this approach is the hypertext features in the pdf file. With jade and
> pdfjadetex configured properly, you get a hypertext TOC, hypertext indices, and hypertext within
> the document. This really is worth the effort IMHO of getting a combination of tools that works
> together. Using Redhat 6.1, db2pdf works with the following combination of rpms:

Actually I get hypertext TOC - which is all I have used with the only
document I make pdf with. Otherwise I avoid it as I personally don't
want to use Adobe's format (personal opinion).

> I update the dsl stylesheets myself, since nobody seems to be putting out rpms for
> them. stylesheets-0.13rh-4 is version 1.52 of the modular stylesheets. Norm is up to 1.54.

Like I said in a previous portion of this thread, I have been keeping
the RPMs up to date at http://www.labs.redhat.com/sgml - including the
stylesheets package.

These will all be *fully* supported by Red Hat and put on the errata
page when we find a nasty little bug that involves psgml's interaction
with DocBook 3.0 - until then I will support what is on the page above
in a personal manner.

The only things I do not rebuild are the tetex packages
because... they frighten me. However, if you have 6.1 or 6.2 you have
a perfectly fine build.

Cheers,

Dave

--