Re: Package file lists archive

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 11:29:53PM -0500, Steven Penny wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 11:17:11AM -0500, Steven Penny wrote:
>>>Of course because of Cygwin flawless website...
>>>
>> If you want to experimentally figure out how many warnings you get,
>> please go right ahead and continue with this style of communication.
>
>Really, I can do without veiled threats. If you are going to ban me or whatever,
>go ahead and do it.
>
>I have brought some constructive criticisms of this project with the hope of
>starting a discussion around fixing/improving certain issues. Instead I am met
>with brick wall attitude and threats of being pushed off the mailing list.

Your idea of "constructive" is apparently flawed.  The comment that you
cut (and I just put back) illustrates what I was talking about, as does
your suggestion that I should contact Debian maintainers because I
disagreed with the idea of maintaining a package file list.

Your truculent insistence that I should knight you as the coreutils/bash
maintainer is another example.

>My suggestion has merit: Debian is no niche operating system and
>"apt-get" is no niche package manager.

You can make any suggestions you want.  Just avoid the snide asides.

cgf