This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: postgresql-9.2.4-2: ossp-uuid module
- From: Filipp Gunbin <fgunbin at fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 21:04:24 +0400
- Subject: Re: postgresql-9.2.4-2: ossp-uuid module
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <86txjh7bx5 dot fsf at w2139spb dot ru dot yotateam dot com> <51F28F9A dot 9030606 at gmail dot com> <86zjt85urm dot fsf at w2139spb dot ru dot yotateam dot com> <51F37D50 dot 1040006 at gmail dot com>
On 27/07/2013 09:57 +0200, marco atzeri wrote:
> Il 7/27/2013 9:25 AM, Filipp Gunbin ha scritto:
>> On 26/07/2013 19:02 +0400, marco atzeri wrote:
>>> Il 7/26/2013 2:17 PM, Filipp Gunbin ha scritto:
>>>> Hello again,
>>>> It would be useful to include "uuid-ossp" module in the default
>>>> distribution. Here's a patch which does that.
>>>> The mailing list filters didn't like the "PACKAGE_BUGREPORT=..." line
>>>> with email address just before the patched line, so I had to set context
>>>> lines to 0.
>>> noted. There is any additional dependency for that ?
>> Oh yes, it's libuuid, and unfortunately ossp-uuid does not build with
>> Cygwin's libuuid1 or libuuid-devel modules installed.
> that is a problem. We need to understand why
Returning to this old problem,
Currently postgres with ossp-uuid module (--with-ossp-uuid added to
CYGCONF_ARGS) builds with OSSP uuid library
(http://www.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/), but not with libuuid which is
included in util-linux. I do not have enough skills to identify
problem, but it seems that function "uuid_export" is missing there.
Maybe the OSSP uuid library needs to be added as a separate package in
Cygwin? It builds from original source with no patches.
>> The correct files are in my /usr/local so I remembered I built libuuid
>> specially for postgres. I'll try to clarify what is required.
That was OSSP uuid library in my /usr/local, clearly.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple