Re: CYGWIN - As admin setup other users SSH for them?

On 6/10/2014 21:04, Roger Vicker, CCP wrote:

In that case, why not just replicate the effect of "ssh-copy-id"

1) The point of using keys is to eliminate password login (there are
other layers involved elsewhere).
2) Even if I "temporarily" enabled password login I would need the
user's password to this network.
3) The usual "after necessary sharing a password" changing of it upsets
the user as the periodic change is always "too frequent".

So make the Android client generate a key pair on first launch, then until it successfully uses the key to log in, ask for the user's password and use that instead. Thereafter, use the key exclusively.

Windows doesn't readily offer a "su" or "sudo" like mechanism. There are ways[1] to arm-twist Windows into offering something like it, but it's a lot of work to go through to achieve your preconceived solution to the problem.

[1] https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd1