[ANN] Updated: rsync-2.5.5-2

Volker Quetschke quetschke@scytek.de
Sat Nov 9 17:02:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

Lapo Luchini wrote:
> 3 build script updated to support digital signatures
> 4 source package now contains original's package detached gpg signature
>   by the author and detached signatures on the script itself and on the
>   patch, signed by me
> 5 signatures can be checked with "./rsync-2.5.5-2.sh checksig"
> 6 "./rsync-2.5.5-2.sh all" can still be used to create an unsigned
>   package (with only original rsync package signature)
> 7 "SIG=1 ./rsync-2.5.5-2.sh all" can still be used to create a
>   signed package (with only original rsync package signature AND
>   signatures on script and patch)
> I would like a negative or positive comment on the "improved" script,
> too =)
I'm preparing the gnupg 1.2.1 version right now, and I like the
packaging with the signed files :-), but I found a few problems in the
script:

1. I had to put some variables in quotes, otherwise you get problems
    with "if [ ... ]" when the variable is not set. E.g without SIG=1
2. text=... is set, but never used.
3. sig has to be sigfile.

See the attached diff for more details. ( I don't want to change
your code, but that were the lines that I changed in my gnupg-1.2.1-1.sh
file. )

Bye
    Volker