Failing to build "pass-1 core C gcc compiler" for aarch64/ARM64, maximum bracket depth too low at 256

Everyone,

I can't compile the toolchain for ARM64 because the GCC step fails because of bracket depth. I use Gentoo, crosstool version 1.23, and GCC ~6. I have tried a few things, but none of them have worked: setting "-fbracket-depth=512" doesn't work because GCC doesn't recognize that as an option, I don't see any way to build the whole toolchain with clang, and I don't see much else on the internet about this problem.

I've attached the build.log, and the .config I used.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
--
-Nick