From: Alexey Neyman [stilor@att.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:49 AM
To: Vered Zvi; crossgcc@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Creating gcc 3.4.4 that runs under Centos 7

On 01/17/2017 06:53 PM, Vered Zvi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an old kernel used in embedded x86 card.
> According to /proc/version:
>
> 2.6.16 gcc 3.4.4 20050721 (red hat 3.4.4 - 2)
>
> Is it possible to create this gcc (exactly) using crosstool-ng ?
First, do you need just gcc or the whole toolchain? If you need just
gcc, it may be easier to try to build it directly. If you need the whole
toolchain, you may try to unpack the sources in some separate
directories and supply the paths to those directories via 'Custom
location' options for gcc/binutils/...

It is possible that a recent gcc won't compile gcc-3.4.4, though. In
that case you might need to create a "chain" of such compilers, each
building some older version. In any case, it is going to be quite
time-consuming, I think.

Regards,
Alexey.