Current state of multilib support (powerpc)

Hi,

In 2014 there has been some work on multilib support in crosstool-ng,
by Bryan Hundven, Cody P. Schafer, and Ray Donnelly. See e.g. mail
threads [1] and [2].

It looks as if this work has not been integrated in crosstool-ng.
Meanwhile also the bitbucket branch referenced in the threads no
longer exists and I can't find the corresponding branches on github.

What is the latest state of this work?
Where are the latest patches?
What are the remaining problems?

I'm currently interested in a multilib toolchain 32/64 bit for
Freescale e6500 processors.
I ported one of Cody's patches to crosstool-ng 1.22.0 and the build
advanced a bit further than with the 1.22.0 baseline, but now breaks
at the 'pass-2 core C gcc compiler' step.

Thanks,
Thomas

[1] https://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2014-01/msg00054.html
[2] https://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2014-07/msg00014.html