Re: Error trying to ./bootstrap crosstool-ng on Mac OS X 10.10.4

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 7:17 PM, Peter Teeson <pteeson@icloud.com> wrote:
> HI Cos:
> Apple has been using clang/llvm/lldb for quite some time now.
>  Desktop programming is where I spend my time but I think their mobile chips are ARM.
> So I infer that clang/llvm will produce ARM binaries.
> So if I setup a RPi toolchain I hope âIt Just Worksâ to quote Steve.
>
> But I may be terribly wrong.
>
> Iâll look at your projectâ.

it's never quite as simple as one would like:-) clang/llvm can do the
job of generating arm code, but you need to use gnu ld since that's an
elf linker unlike the darwin native linker. You also need access to
the libraries+header files for the target system - I get these from
the system image I run on my pis. It's not as slick as crosstools, but
I couldn't crosstools past the dependency on glibc so I gave up and
rolled my own.

Cheers, Cos.