Re: [crosstool-ng] Pre-built toolchains for testing in Buildroot

Reinoud,

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Reinoud Koornstra
<reinoudkoornstra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Thomas and Bryan,

Please don't top post. ;)

> You said: "- The MIPS uClibc toolchain fails to build gdb, weston and
> civetweb (I
>    believe due to uClibc issues)"
>
> I did experience this issue as well with gcc 4.9.2
> I filed it earlier and Bryan is aware too, there just isn't a fix yet.
> uClibc with gcc 4.9.2 does build for arm.

Correct. But this is only with SSP enabled, iirc.

> With gcc 5.1.0 uclibc doesn't build and any platform.
> Hence, gcc 4.9.2 and gcc 5.1.0 do not work with uclibc on all
> platforms even though you can have this config.

I haven't validated "Any platform".

> I don't agree on moving away from uclibc all together.
> Buildroot supports uclibc AND uclibc-ng.
> I think crosstools-ng needs to do the same.
> I'm not sure whether there'll ever be another uclibc release, but the
> current git tree surely has way more added features and their mailing
> list is very active.

I don't have a horse in this race. Which ever is being more actively
maintained and released (note, uclibc has not made a release in
years!) is what crosstool-ng will (or wont) use.