Re: [crosstool-ng] Pre-built toolchains for testing in Buildroot

Hi Thomas and Bryan,

You said: "- The MIPS uClibc toolchain fails to build gdb, weston and
civetweb (I
   believe due to uClibc issues)"

I did experience this issue as well with gcc 4.9.2
I filed it earlier and Bryan is aware too, there just isn't a fix yet.
uClibc with gcc 4.9.2 does build for arm.

With gcc 5.1.0 uclibc doesn't build and any platform.
Hence, gcc 4.9.2 and gcc 5.1.0 do not work with uclibc on all
platforms even though you can have this config.

I don't agree on moving away from uclibc all together.
Buildroot supports uclibc AND uclibc-ng.
I think crosstools-ng needs to do the same.
I'm not sure whether there'll ever be another uclibc release, but the
current git tree surely has way more added features and their mailing
list is very active.
At this moment uclibc-ng seems to make more sense, because it keeps up
with the current changes in uclibc and maintains their own branch and
releases new versions.
It surely works for me.
Thanks,

Reinoud.