Re: Help with crosstool-NG

Viktor, All,

On 2014-05-26 16:33 +0300, Viktor Semykin spake thusly:
> I'm trying to build cross toolchain based on old (heavily patched for my
> board) linux kernel 2.6.9, new gnu toolchain and uclibc. I now made progress

How did you manage to get kernel headers from 2.6.9?

Exporting kernel headers was only addeed in 2.6.10-something, and only
became really possible starting with 2.6.18. So it was not posible to
get kernel headers from 2.6.9. In those times, the kernel headers were
maintained (with some difficulty) in a separate package, named
linux-libc-headers, and that is not supported in crosstool-NG.

> to 'Installing final compiler' step, which gets failed.
> As far as I can tell from logs, stage 2 compiler fails to create executables
> with uClibc (because cannot find uClibc_main symbol, because doesn't link
> with libc.a but links with crt1.o).

You disabled shared library support in uClibc. not sure how that plays
with building gcc.

I know Buildroot has an option to 'prefer' static libs, but IIRC, they
still build a shared-enabled uClibc, and just use the static one. I'd
have to check to be sure.

> Could you please help me find mistake in my configs? I assume I
> misconfigured uClibc but I cannot understand what's wrong.

Please test by enabling shared library support, and retest to see if it
works that way.

Note that if you realy, really want to build static-only, a lot of
packages will fail to build without patching.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.