Re: Offer of membership in Software Freedom Conservancy, Inc. to Crosstool-ng

Bradley, All,

On 2014-04-24 11:44 -0400, Bradley M. Kuhn spake thusly:
> TL;DR: Crosstool-ng applied (long ago) to the Conservancy and has
>        (finally) been offered membership.  The FSA template should be
>        reviewed by all interested parties, and we need your help to
>        draft three specific sections, which are discussed in detail at
>        the bottom of this email.
>
> Full Details:
>
> I am excited to inform you that Conservancy's Project Evaluation
> Committee has approved Crosstool-ng for membership in the Software
> Freedom Conservancy. [...]

Thank you for the offer. This is great news! :-)

> The next step is to negotiate a formal agreement between the project and
> the Conservancy, which is called a fiscal sponsorship agreement (FSA).
> You can find a template of the agreement available on Conservancy's
> website at: https://sfconservancy.org/members/apply/ConservancyFSATemplate.pdf
>             https://sfconservancy.org/members/apply/conservancy-fsa-template.tex
>             https://sfconservancy.org/members/apply/conservancy-fsa-template.odt
>
> Generally, Conservancy leaves it for the Crosstool-ng community to
> decide how you'd like to discuss the document internally.  Note that
> signing such an agreement is a big step for the project and you should
> consider the agreement carefully, in whatever forum is most appropriate
> for your community.  Conservancy strongly suggests that a public
> discussion of the FSA occur on the general discussion list for
> developers of your project, which is why I've posted this information
> here on your public list.

We will be discussing this FSA on this list.

Should we keep you, Bradley, and/or the "Project Intake group" in Cc of
all the discussion, or do you just want a final summary with pointers to
the ML archives?

[--SNIP--]

> We look forward to Crosstool-ng joining the Conservancy!

Thank you again for this offer. :-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.