Build error: link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES

Hi all,

I've duplicated the 64-bit powerpc build listed on the website, powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu. I'm now trying to build specifically for a Freescale processor using the e6500 core, powerpc64-e6500-linux-gnu. Their SDK was built using Yocto and bitbake -- the powers that be have decided it needs to be converted to a Crosstool-NG based build for our use. I'm running into some trouble.

The Freescale SDK in question is here (http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=SDKLINUX&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab) . I've been working with v1.4, though I see now they've released v1.5. I've brought over their patches from the Yocto build tree and Crosstool-NG is configured to use the same versions of the various packages that Freescale used. While building pass-1 gcc with Crosstool-NG, the build fails with: configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES .

I found and tried a couple of fixes for this, but none of them have resolved the problem: removing optimization for size on the libraries, not compiling for c++ support, not statically linking libstdc++. What else can cause this and how can it be resolved?

I've attached both my config file and the tail of the log file in case that will help in diagnosis. Note that multilib is enabled because Freescale says it's required for building u-boot

Thanks for your help,
Danny