Re: Same toolchain for the whole system ????

Hi Mau,

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 01:25:30AM +0200, Mau Z wrote:
> I have a real issue with a small company named intel   :-)
> Intel supplies a very powerful library called IPP.
> Now the sources of IPP are not free (the sources are also not available).
>
> So, I am doing a greate effort to build the whole system with the same
> toolchain, but leave IPP alone ?!?!?!?

Since you don't have access to the sources of IPP you don't expect to build it
yourself, do you?

> Am I the first one to encounter this issue ?
> What is the solution ? Is there a solution ? Is there a problem ?

You can either install IPP in a separate directory, and do the -I -L dance as
described at
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-build-ipp-application-in-linux-environment,
or integrate IPP into something like Buidroot that gives a you clean staging
sysroot (for libraries and headers), and a target filesystem. In case you go
for Buidroot, you'll probably also want to package the staging directory for
your "customers" use. Beware, though, that although the above (dated) link
indicates that gcc is a supported compiler, the release notes
(http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-ipp-80-library-release-notes)
don't mention gcc at all. The product brief
(http://software.intel.com/en-us/sites/default/files/Intel-Integrated-Performance-Primitives-v8-PB-082113.pdf)
does mention gcc, but is short of details.

baruch

   - baruch@tkos.co.il - tel: +972.2.679.5364, http://www.tkos.co.il -