Re: How to add patches to GCC Linaro in crosstool-NG 1.18.0?

Joachim, All,

On Tuesday 12 February 2013 Joachim Nilsson wrote:
> I'm preparing a new set of toolchains for work[1] on Arm and PowerPC. We
> use a few patches for uClibc 0.9.33.2, which was quite easy to add, but
> we'd also like to add some patches to GCC Linaro.
>
> Where in the crosstool-NG tree should GCC Linaro patches go?

They go in, eg.:  patches/gcc/linaro-4.6-2013.02
(obviously, replace with the actual version you want to patch)

> If all tests goes well I'll post the collection of patches later.

I'm not sure how/if we should handle patches against Linaro versions.
They are a fast-moving target, and we only bundle one Linaro version
per major upstream version, and I'm sceptic at how good we'll be at
maintaining those patches.

Depending on what the patches do, I'd suggest you push them to Linaro
first (and Cc: me if you want)

Anyway, just post them here, too, we'll see what to do with those patches
depending on their content.

> [1] - Westermo, http://www.westermo.com

Thanks for sharing with us that your company is working with crosstool-NG! :-)

Would you want to share a bit of your experience so I can add that to the
testimonials page [0] on the website?

[0] http://www.crosstool-ng.org/#testimonials

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.