Re: Disable gdb Python support?

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:59:54PM +0200, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 August 2012 22:52:21 Grant Edwards wrote:

> > We've been using crosstool-ng for a couple years -- we're currently
> > using 1.12.  Gdb used to work find for us, but it seems to have broken
> > when we switched our configuration from 6.8 to 7.2. It appears that
> > newer versions of gdb are being built with some sort of Python
> > dependency:
> [--SNIP--]
> > Is there any way to disable the Python support when crosstool-ng
> > builds the host-side gdb?
>
> Yes, in the menuconfig:
>   Debug facilities  --->
>   [*] gdb  --->
>       [ ] Enable python scripting

Hmm.  That must be something added since 1.12. It doesn't show up in
my .config file nor when when I do ./ct-ng menuconfig.

I tried a couple more recent versions, but my build scripts failed at
the "./configure --local" stage, and I haven't had time to figure out
how I need to change my build scripts and documenation.

It's probably time to figure out the current spelling for "./configure
--local"...

--
Grant