Re: How can I modify the source of new,malloc

You could write your own shared object with your malloc implementation and use LD_PRELOAD var.

Mirko

Il giorno 25/giu/2012, alle ore 23.55, Zvi Vered <veredz72@gmail.com> ha scritto:

Hello,

I'm using crosstool-ng 5.1.2 to create gcc 4.3.2
The project started 3 years ago. This is the reason for the old version.
I modify the code of new,malloc so it will print a message each time
they are called.
Where is the code of those routines ?
Are they part of glibc ?

I have a huge application (not written by me).
I want to track all places where a dynamic allocation is done.
Is there an alternative to my way ?

Thanks,
Zvika