Re: Adding new target

Michael, All,

On Thursday 29 March 2012 17:04:39 Michael Eager wrote:
> I'm trying to add a new bare-metal target architecture to CT-NG.
>
> I'm a bit confused by what is going on.  I'm building gcc-4.6.x
> with Newlib.
>
> Only the pass 2 gcc is being built, and this fails trying to
> link libstdc++.  I see the same when I try to build an existing
> target like ARM.

Can you post your changes (as a diff) and put your build.log on a website
so we can grab it?

> The standard way to build this kind of tool chain is to build
> a no-library gcc, followed by building Newlib, then build a
> final C/C++ using the library.
>
> The comments in do_cc_core_pass_1() say that it is supposed
> to build a static gcc, but this does not happen if CT_BARE_METAL = y.

In 1.14 and before, the bare-metal final compiler is built during the
core-pass-2 step, instead of the final step. This has changed in the
repository, where the correct ordering happens.

Currently, the existing bare-metal compilers are properly built (but I'm
running a build right now to check again). Please post the info listed above.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.