Re: Built arm-none-eabi with multilib for x86_64-unkown-linux-gnu with crosstool-ng-1.14.0

On 01. feb. 2012 21:47, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> Per Arnold, All,
>
> On Wednesday 01 February 2012 15:10:28 Per Arnold Blaasmo wrote:
>> I managed to build arm-none-eabi with multilib for
>> x86_64-unkown-linux-gnu with crosstool-ng-1.14.0.
>>
>> My .config file is attached.
>
> OK, I was able to rebuild it, and the compiler is indeed multi-lib aware.
> But currently, newlib is compiled only for the default combination, and not
> once for each multi-lib combinations, so the toolchain is not entirely
> multi-lib.
>
> 1.14.0 has support for multi-lib only for glibc and eglibc, and neither for
> newlib nor uClibc.

But according to Newlib FAQ:
-"Newlib, by default, builds "multilibs"."

- "When built, the compiler sets up a list of option permutations and a
set of directory names to place multilibs in. This information is
exposed externally via the "print-multi-lib" option which outputs the
list in a compact form. When the compiler is called to compile and link
an application, it recognizes multilib-designated options and knows
which versions of target libraries, such as newlib, to link with which
has been built with the same options"

-"When newlib is building, it simply invokes the compiler with the
-print-multi-lib option to get the set of multilibs it should create"

So I believed that since GCC and Binutils was built with --with-multilib
option that Newlib would just pick up that.

Regards
Per A.